Earnings season chugs on although this week there are only about 300 companies reporting.
But don’t write earnings off just yet. Within those 300 companies are some of the top names in retail and technology.
Retail is being ignored by the market. The Street believes everyone is going to be Amazoned and no brick and mortar stores will survive to compete. But we all know that isn’t going to be true.
These 5 companies are competing, and strongly, against Amazon and all the other online retailers. Most now have large online retail segments themselves.
Could there be some hidden gems in this week’s retail earnings reports?
The Best of This Week’s Retail Earnings Charts
1. Coach (COH – Free Report) has beat 13 quarters in a row. Shares have been on a roll but still lag their performance from a decade ago. But are good times coming again soon for shareholders?
2. Home Depot (HD – Free Report) is the gold standard of retailers. It hasn’t missed in 5 years and shares are still trading near 5-year highs. Watch the comps.
3. L Brands (LB – Free Report) already gave comps, which disappointed. Shares are trading near 5-year lows even though it hasn’t missed in 5 years. PINK was one of the hottest teen brands. Can it find its shine again?
4. Ross Stores (ROST – Free Report) has missed just 2 times in the last 5 years. Shares are off their highs even though it had positive comps last quarter. Is it getting lumped in with all the other struggling apparel retailers?
5. Target (TGT – Free Report) has missed only twice in the last 5 years but shares are well off the highs thanks to worries about Target losing out to Amazon.
Want to Learn How to Trade Options?
Have you always wanted to trade stock options but are unsure where to begin or what to look for?
Each week, Zacks’ Dave Bartosiak will bring you a detailed explanation of the trades “live” on YouTube.
Watch him go through the trade as he answers your questions in real time.
Become one of Dave’s minions. Join the Zacks Live Trader community today. Click here for a free 14-day trial >>>