“Cross border tech media and recruitment platform,
Initially China – U.S. focused, looking to bring on our employee #1!”
Tech innovation in China is very real, much of it driven by unique market conditions, genuine consumer needs, and fierce competition. Yet while the world is keen to learn, there lacks consistent, insights driven English-language coverage of China’s tech scene.
We founded The Harbinger to address this most crucial knowledge gap. Our content platform leverages a network of China’s top VCs and tech companies to generate exclusive, informative content for a global audience. Content partners comprise tier 1 VCs including Sequoia, GGV, ZhenFund, Qiming Venture Partners, and Shunwei Capital, as well as the Yale Center Beijing and leading tech companies. We’ve received overwhelmingly positive feedback and are excited to keep growing our content platform, keeping it open and free, while partnering with other tech media to maximize reach.
Check out our website here: www.theharbingerchina.com
What we realized along the way
Over time, we realized that 1) the Chinese start-ups and funds that we partner with desire global talent, and 2) our reader base seeks not only to learn about Chinese tech developments, but also find opportunities within this ecosystem – to work with top start-ups that they cannot access anywhere else.
As such, we’re excited to take The Harbinger to the next level. We’ll continue to generate quality insights about China’s tech scene, but also begin to offer cross-border services, starting with recruitment. We are well positioned given our extensive China network and partnership with top Chinese VCs and start-ups. At the same time, we have strong roots in America’s top universities, with growing communities across the Ivy League, Stanford, MIT, and more.
We are raising our seed round this fall, and in tandem we would like to bring on employees #1 to help accelerate our efforts.
What we’re looking for
- All around super star involved on every aspect of the business to help scale The Harbinger and the broader content + talent ecosystem
- More details on our strategy, business model, and specific responsibilities to be shared during the interview phase
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Native Chinese graduating from a top international university (ideally US, UK)
- 3+ years of work experience in consulting, investment banking, venture backed start-up, or software development
- Technical background and the ability to build web app preferred but not mandatory
- Native Chinese speaker, with fully fluent English
- Smart, creative and hard-working, with attention to detail and a positive attitude
Why The Harbinger?
- Terrific opportunity to be part of the founding team of a start-up with the aspiration to connect China + global tech ecosystems, and one that is already partnered with China’s top VCs, start-ups, tech companies, tech media, and other prominent institutions
- Unparalleled access to network and work with top investors, founders, and other senior stakeholders within China’s tech ecosystem
- Competitive cash + equity compensation
About the Founder
The Harbinger was founded by Adam Bao, Yale’12, who launched a popular China tech podcast while at Shunwei Capital (Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun’s VC). Previously, Adam managed corporate strategy initiatives at Blippar, a leading AR start-up that raised $100m funding, and before that he spent several years as a management consultant at Strategy& in New York.
*Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a few points on why you’re a great fit for this opportunity.