From the era of land based casinos to online casinos there has been a big shift in user concentration. And the technology plays a large part in this changeover.
With the introduction of online casinos, gaming has leaped to the next level. Advancements in technology have made it possible to provide the best user experience for online casino enthusiasts. Here are some of the significant features you can find in online casinos now.
What’s behind live casinos?
The framework for an online casino includes the use of sophisticated software applications to make the user experience a spectacular one. Advanced software solutions help to recreate the gaming interface for the different types of games played in a casino like roulette, poker and more.
Types of casino software
Online casino games can be played in two ways – Downloadable and Web based.
Downloadable. While most casino players prefer the web based version, the downloadable form has its own set of aficionados. However the drawback with this type of software is the device you use for the gaming should be compatible with the software. For starters, you will require a high quality graphics card for a seamless and hassle free gaming experience. But on the positive side, the downloadable version will have more diverse game choices than the web based variety.
Web based. This type of software is safer and more secure than the above version. While some games require AdobeFlash player or Java, those that are based on HTML5 can be played as such.
Focus on mobile experience
After the introduction of smartphones and tablets, the majority of gamers are now playing via mobiles instead of their desktops, so it is natural for online casinos to shift their focus to mobile interface. Online casino games provide the convenience of playing the games at home without having to visit any gambling establishment. Mobile casinos go a step further making it easy to play the games whenever and wherever you want. Users can gamble on the go and the casino games are easier to play too.
Now that you know about the main technology behind casinos here are some criteria on choosing the best software for seamless casino experience:
- Fairness and safe gaming. This can be confirmed by looking into the license and regulation of a casino. The eCOGRA safety logo is one such regulation that ensures fair gaming.
- Compatible games. With mobile casinos, gaming becomes more and more common, the software used by a casino should work smoothly across a range of devices including desktop, smartphone, tablet and other related devices.
- Collection of games. An extensive collection of games of all styles and genres is a major deciding factor for choosing a casino.
- Graphics. 2D graphics is usually offered, but recent advancements have led to 3D graphics and more recently the VR Casinos. Using such advanced gaming tools further boosts the experience tremendously.
- Audio. Audio helps enhance the gaming experience and avoids it from becoming tedious. Audio blending with graphics provides a wonderful entertainment for users.
- Language. Most casinos support multiple languages to ensure users speaking different language get to have an enjoyable experience.
Since the program and technology used form the crux of the online games, most of the gaming firms copyright their gaming software and make it proprietary.
How to choose the best provider?
Here are the top 3 software providers that have turned online casino gameplay into a wonderful experience.
Microgaming tops the list as the first and the most popular software developer for the online gambling industry. Its software has been powering many online casinos for over 20 years already. Software solutions for innovative casino games are designed both for desktop and mobile use. Microgaming offers more than 850 online games, including slots and table games, and over 1,000 variants of usually played games.
- Oldest casino software provider
- Slots are very famous
- Popular for its poker networks
- Can support multiple languages and currencies
- Ensure fair gameplay with its own random number spewing machine.
- More popular for its slots and not the table games
- Many of the licensees went bust ever since 2009.
Netent is the abbreviated form for Net Entertainment. The gaming software company provides exceptional graphics, innovative and diverse range of games. The developers have more than 200 games including Starburst, South Park and Jack Hammer.
- Innovative design approach
- Wide range of interesting and attention grabbing games
- Slots are more predominant than other forms
- Promotional offers are too frequent.
Another long-standing contributor to online gaming. Playtech has plenty of software solutions for sports betting, online poker, live dealers, etc. that are as good as those of its rivals. Playtech has also made quite a number of acquisitions providing users a diverse variety of games including slots based on Marvel heroes.
- Players can enjoy all the features from one account
- The company has exclusive rights to create slot games for Paramount pictures and Marvel
- Very popular in sports betting, bingo and poker games online
- The payment methods offered are very limited
- Is not available for US players
Although nothing can beat the experience of playing in a casino in Las Vegas or other land based locations, online casinos offer the next best ambience. The latest technological inclusions have made casino games much easier and affordable to access, play and have a gala time. By choosing the right gaming software, you can easily have an enjoyable time.