Earnings season chugs on although this week there are only about 300 companies reporting.
But don’t write earnings off just yet. Within those 300 companies are some of the top names in retail and technology.
While FANG has reported, one of the hidden tech titans and two other glamour technology stocks have yet to report. One of them has a perfect earnings record and another has missed just once.
It’s not easy to beat every quarter for years yet some of these hot names are doing just that.
Will they keep up their earnings surprise track records this quarter?
The Best of This Week’s Retail Earnings Charts
1. Zoe’s Kitchen (ZOES – Free Report) has missed only once since its 2014 IPO but shares are at new lows. The restaurant bubble has officially popped.
2. Cisco (CSCO – Free Report) still has a perfect 5-year beat record but investors have again soured on the shares. Can they get their momentum back?
3. Alibaba (BABA – Free Report) missed last quarter but no one cares. It’s all about revenue right now and that is rising nearly 50% year-over-year. As long as the revenue numbers look good, investors will be all in.
4. Applied Materials (AMAT – Free Report) has missed only once in the last 5 years. It has one of the best charts of the week as the semiconductors still remain a hot sector.
5. Deere (DE – Free Report) hasn’t missed in 4 years. Shares have been soaring and it is not cheap, at 20x forward earnings. Will investors keep buying into the construction equipment story even without an infrastructure plan out of Washington?
Want to Learn How to Trade Options?
Have you always wanted to trade stock options but are unsure where to begin or what to look for?
Each week, Zacks’ Dave Bartosiak will bring you a detailed explanation of the trades “live” on YouTube.
Watch him go through the trade as he answers your questions in real time.
Become one of Dave’s minions. Join the Zacks Live Trader community today. Click here for a free 14-day trial >>>
Zacks Restaurant Recommendations: In addition to dining at these special places, you can feast on their stock shares. A Zacks Special Report spotlights 5 recent IPOs to watch plus 2 stocks that offer immediate promise in a booming sector. Download it free »